According to USAID’s guidance for the FY 2009 Performance Plan and Report (PPR), missions were required to provide information about the mission’s performance against targets for standard indicators, as well as a narrative description of the program status. The guidance requires the narrative to be frank and objective regarding the results in each program area.
Without more complete reporting in the PPR, stakeholders may receive an incomplete understanding regarding the level of support provided by the program and the difficulties faced by the program as a result of limited distribution and use of education materials. Without a written distinction or qualification of this information, USAID cannot plan effective follow-up activities to address identified barriers to implementation and ensure the maximum effectiveness of the program.
- Adjust future performance plan and reports to include written explanations or qualifications that more appropriately define the U.S. Government support that is reported.
SOURCE: AUDIT REPORT NO. 1-522-10-007-P JULY 13, 2010
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Too Much Credit Claimed for the Results Achieved - ADS 188.8.131.52||Fiscal Year [...] Performance Management Plan Not Developed - ADS 203.3.3 - USAID’s Performance Management Toolkit Next→|
- Impact Indicators Not Tracked - ADS 203.3.4
- Develop Indicators and Targets to Measure Progress and Achievement of Project Goals - Assistance Act of 1961, Section 621A, 22 U.S.C. 2381a - ADS 203.3.
- Verify and document reported results periodically for PMP - (ADS) 203.3.4 - ADS 596, Management’s Responsibility for Internal Control
- Performance Management Plan Needs to Be Improved - ADS 203.3.3 - ADS 184.108.40.206
- Verify Reported Data - ADS 303.2
- Management of Performance Data Needs to Be Improved - ADS 220.127.116.11
- Performance Management Plan Was Not Updated ADS 203.3
- Partners Set Unrealistic Targets for Development Programs - ADS 200.2 - ADS 203
- Performance Targets Set Too Low - ADS 18.104.22.168
- Too Much Credit Claimed for the Results Achieved - ADS 22.214.171.124
- Fiscal Year [...] Performance Management Plan Not Developed - ADS 203.3.3 - USAID’s Performance Management Toolkit
- An Evaluation May Help Determine Program Impact - ADS 203.3.6
- Reported Results Are Not Useful for Program Management - ADS 126.96.36.199.c - ADS 188.8.131.52 - ADS 184.108.40.206
- Field Activities Do Not Correlate Well With Program Indicators - ADS 220.127.116.11 - ADS 18.104.22.168.e
- Strengthen Data Reporting - ADS 22.214.171.124 - USAID’s Performance Management Toolkit
- Data Collection and Reporting Did Not Always Yield Useful Information - ADS 203.
- Program Targets Were Not Clearly Defined - ADS 203
- Data Reported for a Key Indicator Were Not Consistent With the Indicator Definition - ADS 203
- Some Reported Results Were Not Reliable - ADS 203
- Impact Indicators Were Not Measured - ADS 203.3.2 - ADS 126.96.36.199