ADS 303.3.18 states that an unauthorized commitment has occurred when aN USAID official, who does not have the authority to do so, acts in a way that leads a recipient or potential recipient acting in good faith to believe that USAID has committed to make a specific award; change the amount of an existing award; or revise an existing award budget, program description, or any terms and conditions of the award.
The Code of Federal Regulations 22 CFR 226.25(e) allows a recipient to initiate a one-time extension of the expiration date of an award for up to 12 months under certain conditions. However, to do so, the recipient must notify the USAID agreements officer in writing, with the supporting reasons and revised expiration date, at least 10 days before the expiration date of the award.
In particular, this one-time extension may not be exercised merely for the purpose of using unobligated balances, and it may not be initiated if the terms and conditions of the award prohibit the extension, if the extension requires additional Federal funds, or if the extension involves any change in the approved objectives or scope of the project.
Source: AUDIT REPORT NO. E-267-10-001-P MARCH 31, 2010
This information is derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using this information.
- Intellectual Property Rights Clauses in Agreements - ADS 318.2
- Program Lacks a Detailed Gender Strategy - ADS 22.214.171.124
- Prioritize or Follow Up on Significant Vulnerabilities - ADS 303.3.9.2
- The Authorization to Make Changes to the Contract’s Terms and Conditions
- Contractor Overbilling - FAR 31.2, Contracts with Commercial Organizations
- Contractor Performance Reviews Were Not Completed - FAR 42.15024 - USAID Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR) 742.15
- Conduct Audits of Foreign Organizations - ADS 591.3.2 - Guidelines for Financial Audits Contracted by Foreign Recipients - General Act of 1978
- Implementing Partner Record Retention Regulations - 22 CFR 226.53(b)
- Verify Continued Separate Maintenance Allowance Eligibility - Department of State Standardized Regulations, General Provisions, Section 077.3, Granting Allowances and Difficult to Staff Incentive Differential on SF-1190 (Foreign Allowances Application
- Local Subgrantees Need Codes of Conduct for Interactions with Orphans and Vulnerable Children - U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator (OGAC) Guidance July 2006
- Technical Representative Requirements - ADS 4126.96.36.199 - ADS 303.3.14
- Assistance Awards and Requirements - ADS 303 - ADS 621.3.4
- Certification Regarding Responsibility Matters - FAR 9.104-6 - FAR 9.105-2(b) - FAR 9.4
- Excluded Parties List System Reviews During the Bidding and Awarding Process - FAR 9.404 - 22 CFR 208 - ADS 502.5.1b - FAR 9.405(d) - FAR 9.105-2(b)
- Strengthen Program Oversight - ADS 302
- Implementer Performed Unauthorized Program Activities - ADS 188.8.131.52