ADS 596.3.1 stipulates that USAID managers and staff must develop and implement cost-effective management controls for results-oriented management to reasonably ensure that assets are safeguarded against loss and unauthorized use.
Furthermore, the ADS states that management control activities must be both effective and efficient in accomplishing the Agency’s control objectives. A key control activity is adequate documentation of internal control, of which monitoring is a central component.
Develop written procedures to document, track, and take corrective action on all deficiencies identified.
Verify that material internal control weaknesses identified are corrected and document the results.
Source: AUDIT REPORT NO. G-391-11-001-P DECEMBER 10, 2010
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous File Documentation - Procurement Executive Bulletin (PEB 2005-06)||Staff Overrode Management Controls - (GAO) Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government - ADS 303.3 Next→|
- Program Oversight - ADS 303 - ADS 202.3 - ADS 203.3
- File Documentation - Procurement Executive Bulletin (PEB 2005-06)
- Staff Overrode Management Controls - (GAO) Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government - ADS 303.3
- Review and Test Conflict-of-Interest Mitigating Processes - ADS 596 - Standards for Internal Controls in the Federal Government - USAID Contract and Information Bulletin 99-17
- Suspension and Debarment - FAR 9.4 - 22 CFR 208
- Potential Corruption Went Unreported - USAID’s Handbook on Fighting Corruption
- Contractor Lacked a Code of Business Ethics and Conduct - Federal Acquisition Regulation Clause 52.203–13
- Subcontractor Had a Conflict of Interest - FAR Subpart 9.5 Organizational and Consultant Conflicts of Interest - Contract Information Bulletin 99-17