According to ADS 203.3.3, an assistance objective team is responsible for preparing a PMP to establish baseline data from which to measure progress toward intended objectives. It should systematically monitor results, collect and analyze performance information, and communicate results achieved or not achieved to advance organizational learning and tell the Agency’s story.
ADS 203.3.3 emphasizes that assistance objective teams must prepare a PMP for each assistance objective for which they are responsible. According to ADS 126.96.36.199, a PMP should define at least one performance indicator to be tracked and specify the source, method of collection, schedule of collection, and known data limitations.
Work closely with implementing partners to finalize the performance management plan.
Source: AUDIT REPORT NO. 7-688-10-004-P February 26, 2010
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Improve Data Quality and Program Monitoring - ADS 188.8.131.52 - ADS 184.108.40.206.b||Monitoring and Evaluation of Activities Was Weak - ADS 303.2(f) - ADS 220.127.116.11 Next→|
- Data Quality Assessments Not Completed - ADS 203.3.5 - Government Performance and Results Act of 1993 (Public Law 103–62) - Performance Management Toolkit
- Performance Management Plan Not Completed - ADS 203.3 - Performance Management Toolkit
- Performance Indicator Definitions Not Consistently Applied - ADS 203.3 - GAO Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government
- Reported Results Were Not Verified – ADS 18.104.22.168. - ADS 202.3.6.
- Partner Implementation Plans Lacked Vital Information – ADS 200.6
- Lack of a Current Performance Management Plan (PMP) - ADS 203.3.3
- Thorough Site Visits Were Not Conducted - ADS 22.214.171.124 - ADS 202.3.6
- Data Quality Assessments Were Not Completed - ADS 126.96.36.199 - Performance and Results Act of 1993
- Performance Management Plan Was Not Completed - ADS 203.3.3
- Improve Data Quality and Program Monitoring - ADS 188.8.131.52 - ADS 184.108.40.206.b
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Activities Was Weak - ADS 303.2(f) - ADS 220.127.116.11
- Some Results Reported by Implementing Partners Were Unsupported or Inaccurate - ADS 18.104.22.168. - ADS 22.214.171.124 - ADS 126.96.36.199
- Performance Targets Were Inconsistent - ADS 188.8.131.52 - ADS 184.108.40.206
- Impact Indicators Not Tracked - ADS 203.3.4
- Develop Indicators and Targets to Measure Progress and Achievement of Project Goals - Assistance Act of 1961, Section 621A, 22 U.S.C. 2381a - ADS 203.3.
- Verify and document reported results periodically for PMP - (ADS) 203.3.4 - ADS 596, Management’s Responsibility for Internal Control
- Performance Management Plan Needs to Be Improved - ADS 203.3.3 - ADS 220.127.116.11
- Verify Reported Data - ADS 303.2
- Management of Performance Data Needs to Be Improved - ADS 18.104.22.168
- Performance Management Plan Was Not Updated ADS 203.3