Automated Directives System 188.8.131.52, “Assessing Performance of Contractors and Recipients,” states that the COTR for direct procurement instruments must ensure that the implementing partner is performing in accordance with the terms contained in the contract or other agreements. It also states that COTR responsibilities for monitoring contractor performance may include reviewing and approving deliverables and performance reports.
- Ask the Regional Contracting Office to make a management decision regarding the allowability of questioned ineligible costs in the amount of [...] and recover all amounts determined to be unallowable.
SOURCE: AUDIT REPORT NO. 6-268-10-006-P August 24, 2010
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Excluded Parties List System Reviews During the Bidding and Awarding Process - FAR 9.404 - 22 CFR 208 - ADS 502.5.1b - FAR 9.405(d) - FAR 9.105-2(b)||Ensure That Funding Requests Are Appropriate - ADS 602.3.2 Next→|
- Unauthorized Commitments - 22 CFR 226.25(e) - ADS 303.3
- Conduct Audits of Foreign Organizations - ADS 591.3.2 - Guidelines for Financial Audits Contracted by Foreign Recipients - General Act of 1978
- Implementing Partner Record Retention Regulations - 22 CFR 226.53(b)
- Verify Continued Separate Maintenance Allowance Eligibility - Department of State Standardized Regulations, General Provisions, Section 077.3, Granting Allowances and Difficult to Staff Incentive Differential on SF-1190 (Foreign Allowances Application
- Local Subgrantees Need Codes of Conduct for Interactions with Orphans and Vulnerable Children - U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator (OGAC) Guidance July 2006
- Technical Representative Requirements - ADS 4184.108.40.206 - ADS 303.3.14
- Assistance Awards and Requirements - ADS 303 - ADS 621.3.4
- Certification Regarding Responsibility Matters - FAR 9.104-6 - FAR 9.105-2(b) - FAR 9.4
- Excluded Parties List System Reviews During the Bidding and Awarding Process - FAR 9.404 - 22 CFR 208 - ADS 502.5.1b - FAR 9.405(d) - FAR 9.105-2(b)
- Strengthen Program Oversight - ADS 302
- Ensure That Funding Requests Are Appropriate - ADS 602.3.2
- Strengthen Oversight of Renovation Activities - FAR Part 36, “Construction and Architect-Engineer Contracts” - GAO/AIMD-00-21.3.1 (11/99), page 20
- Mission Did Not Complete Contractor Performance Review - USAID Acquisition Regulation 742.15 (also known as 48 CFR 742.1502) - FAR 42.1502
- Contracting Officials Did Not Document Contract Files or Communicate Adequately - 22 CFR 226 - FAR 4.801 (b)
- Fixed-Amount Reimbursement Agreements Reduce Risk - ADS Supplemental 317
- Contract Not Adequately Reviewed by Contract Review Board - (ADS) 302.3.1.2 - Contract Review Board Guidelines
- Questionable Spending Occurred - Federal Acquisition Regulations 52.216-7 and 52.216-8 USAID Acquisition Regulation 752.7003 FAR Subpart 31.2-Contracts with Commercial Organizations
- Contracting Mechanism Used for Program is not Appropriate - Federal Acquisition Regulation 16.505(a)(2) - supplemental policy to ADS 302, Indefinite Quantity Contract (IQC): Task Order Work Statement Development Checklist - Competition in Contracting Act
- Lack of Effective Program Oversight - ADS 302-Procedures for Designating the COTR for Contracts and Task Orders - ADS 303- Agreement Officer’s Technical Representative (AOTR) Designation – Cooperative Agreement Administration.
- Subcontracts Lacked Supporting Documentation and Were Susceptible to Fraud - (FAR) 31.201-2(d)