Maassen, G.F. (2002). An International Comparison of Corporate Governance Models. A Study on the Formal Independence and Convergence of One-Tier and Two-Tier Corporate Boards of Directors in the United States of America, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands. Amsterdam: Spencer Stuart Executive Search.
Ph.D. Series in General Management, Nr. 31: Rotterdam School of Management
First print, April 1999 (hard copy). Second print, February 2001 (hard copy). Third print, July 2002 (electronic).
ISBN- 90-9012591-4, ISBN 13: 978-90-901259-1-6
This dissertation has been written for scholars as well as practitioners interested in the international aspects of corporate governance. Some chapters are particularly of interest to readers who are interested in the practical aspects of corporate governance. Chapters five and nine concentrate on the role stock exchanges, legislators and institutional investors play in the international corporate governance arena. Developments in the organization and the composition of boards of directors of listed corporations in the United States, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands are presented in chapters six to eight. The remaining chapters of this study are of interest to scholars who are interested in conflict and consensus perspectives of corporate governance.
|←Previous A Review of International Corporate Governance Developments (in Dutch)||The Effectiveness of Shareholders Meetings Next→|
- The effectiveness of supervisory boards: an exploratory study of challenges in Dutch boardrooms
- The changing role of the supervisory board chairman: the case of the Netherlands (1997–2007)
- Investigating the Development of the Internal and External Service Tasks of Non-Executive Directors
- Shareholders Rights Survey 2004 - 2005 Macedonia
- On the Supposed Independence of Two-Tier Boards
- A Review of International Corporate Governance Developments (in Dutch)
- The Importance of Disclosure in Corporate Governance Self-regulation Across Europe
- The Emerging Role of Audit Committees
- How the Private Sector can be Involved in the Development of Modern Business Standards
- The Netherlands - Board Index
- Corporate Governance of Non-Listed Companies in Emerging Markets
- The Effectiveness of Shareholders Meetings